Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Finale

It's the end of my internship, almost the end of all senior research project stuff. And yet, it feels that there is still so much to do. A power point and a presentation. With my presenting skills and a horrible lack of numerical or scientific research, the entire presentation will go like so:
"Hi, my name is Gabby - I mean, Gabrielle McNamara - and I advertised. Here's a small summary of what I did *(points)*, and here are some pretty pictures I made on my computer *(points)*. Here's a slide with numbers on how useful I was as an advertiser *(points)*. Thank you."
Ok, so it probably won't be THAT bad, but you get the idea.
Also, I got the survey back today from Terra Java. 30 people took it. Out of 30, 100% said that they found Terra Java through community outreach. But I think the results are skewed because I am assuming that community oriented people are more likely to answer a survey like that without an outside incentive (like a free cup of coffee). Also, social networking probably reaches a lot more people who just can't go to Terra Java because they aren't in the community.
Besides this, Terra Java is trying to win a local business contest through Intuit. I've been advertising it through social networking because I wasn't really sure how to advertise that through community outreach...

So I guess this is the end...Some things that I have learned from this experience:
1. blogging is NOT my thing
2. don't jump into something that you have no idea how to do. Just no.
3. don't waste time on things that will definitely be of little benefit (I learned that with ray eyewear...they never paid me and I helped them so much!)
4. have fun with what you are doing. if you like what you do, you will do it well.
5. get enough sleep. trust me. coffee makes it worse...
I have no other advice. I hope you guys liked what I have done! I'm so glad I found so many opportunities to work with. I think this was a good learning experience and I hope I can learn more as I go.

~Time to Find Another Adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment