Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Survey of Social Understanding

I'm back in Arizona for some of the week. Yay, hot weather! At least it's not extremely hot yet; still nice enough to go outside....kinda...
Anyways, for my final week, besides working on the power point, I have been working on a survey for Terra Java. I finally made it and printed 100 copies. It wasn't too bad since I was able to fit 10 surveys per page. Its a really short survey, only one question: How did you find out about Terra Java? And I have a few options, like facebook/social networking sites, event websites (like yelp), restaurant reviews (i.e. urbanspoon), food blogs, friends/family/coworkers/word of mouth, invited to an event at terra java, and then I have an "other" option. I realize now that I should have put down "newspaper" as an option, but it's too late now. Also, I feel like that will be very few people. Most people that I've talked to have said that they found out through facebook or word of mouth (or a confusing mix of both that I don't know how to differentiate...for example, a friend will invite a friend through facebook to an event a Terra Java....still not sure how to categorize that). I advertised the survey on the facebook page and I hope that it will be a success. If not, I would still have an estimate of the success of community outreach vs. social networking. So far for this project, it seems that community outreach is more successful. But I might be wrong, we will see.
Since I forgot to take a picture of the the cute survey boxes that I got for the small surveys because I'm a horrible blogger :P, I have this artsy picture and a coffee comic to try to make up for it! Enjoy:


~ Until My Next Adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment